Captive Portal; User loosing internet access

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Captive Portal; User loosing internet access

L1 Bithead

Hello,

A user is complaining that he is losing internet access randomly through the day.  After he refresh the web browser a couple of times or logs off he is able to access the web. The error he gets is a generic IE 10 error, "This page can't be displayed" etc... When I looked at the firewall, Logs -> Traffic, I notice under the "Source User" its missing the the domain name for example it shows as, "johndoe"  when he has internet access the "Source User" shows up as "domain\johndoe"  Any idea what the problem could be.

When I use the "Show user ip-user-mapping ip 10.10.10.10" This is run when user does not have internet access

IP address:  10.10.10.10 (vsys1)

User:        johndoe

Idle Timeout: 86393s

Max. TTL:    86393s

Groups that the user belongs to (used in policy)

Group(s):

This is run when user has internet access,  "Show user ip-user-mapping ip 10.10.10.10"

IP address:  10.10.10.10 (vsys1)

User:        domain\johndoe

Idle Timeout: 86397s

Max. TTL:    86397s

Groups that the user belongs to (used in policy)

Group(s):    cn=app-internetaccess,ou=groups,ou=user,dc=ad,dc=domain,dc=com

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

Hi FirstIndustrialIT

Could you confirm if there is a typo in your update? I see the username as 'johndow' instead of 'johndoe' as you mentioned in the first (non-working) case.

Thanks

It's a typo. Thanks. I corrected the error.

L6 Presenter

Hi FirstIndustrialIIT,

In such scenario its a good idea to check domain name in server configuration. If its missing, sometimes users are identified without domain name.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

Hi Hardik - We have about 150 users' and no one gets this error except for her.  Everything on the DC looks fine.

Hi First,

Are you using User ID Agent for user-ip mapping?

If yes, can you check mapping on user ID Agent at the time of issue ?

If User ID Agent is getting mapping like that then there is something on DC.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!