Captive Portal login page not prompted for IE6 browsers

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Captive Portal login page not prompted for IE6 browsers

L0 Member

Hi there everyone,

Has anyone experienced any issue getting the captive portal login page to be prompted for old Windows machines running Internet Explorer 6? I have a customer whose environment is currently using IE6 and a PAN firewall running PAN OS 5.0.6 and the captive portal page isn't being prompted for these machines.

Or is there a browser compatibility issue with some IE versions? Because I can't find any related KB articles about this issue.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Does the captive portal page load on newer versions of IE?

Do you get a page load error or just a blank page?

Being IE 6 is pushing 14 years old, the solution may ultimately be to update the browser.

I found this link which may provide something to test.

Internet Explorer 6 and redirected anchor links | Ian Hoar – Passion for Technology – Geeking Out

Hi jpeters,

Thanks for your reply. It worked for IE7 and IE11, but couldn't get to test with IE6. The error message shown was that the page could not load.

Was wondering if there are any official documents or articles that shares about browser compatibility when it comes to captive portals because I couldn't find any.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!