Captive portal bypass

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Captive portal bypass

L1 Bithead

New to Palo Alto.

is there a simple way to disable/bypass the Captive Portal for a pc based on IP or IP range? Please be detailed since I rarely deal with the PA.

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@oyogeospace,

Under the Policies tab look at your Authentication policy entries. For that one IP or IP range you could either exclude the range from your existing policy, or you could create a policy with the action of 'default-no-captive-portal' and place it above everything else, this essentially is similar to just not enabling any policies but may be less work depending on your current policy structure. 

We are on software version 5.0.4 and I do not see those options.

@oyogeospace

Okay ... wow that's old. Under Policies -> Captive Portal what does your existing policy look like? 

FYI, 5.0 hasn't been supported in over two years, and you're not running the last version of that major release. I would highly recommend upgrading this to a supported release. 

we are planning on upgrading soon. I do not see Captive Portal under policies.

There should be a menupoint for caprive portal policies. Unfortunately this release is way to old to provide a screenshot 😛

@oyogeospace wrote:

we are planning on upgrading soon.

--> Change that to as soon as possible! Operating a security device with a version that was release more than 5 years ago is irresponsible - but thats just my personal opinion. Don't take this personally as I assume you are new there (as you are also now to paloalto) and the admin that was there before you did not do the best job ...

@oyogeospace,

In 5.0 Captive Portal should be under Policies | Captive Portal, so if you can't see it there your only real option would be to look at it in the CLI or through the XML file so you can see how it's configured. 

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!