Case severity

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Case severity

L4 Transporter

I put a case in to tac rated high and they put it on hold for 2 days so they could attend training 😮

10 REPLIES 10

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@jdprovine,

I'd recommend calling in and not actually opening a support ticket on the support site. Once it gets assigned and someone from TAC starts working on it, I've found that you can't rely on them giving up that ticket unless you tell them to or call in and get ahold of someone else. 

@BPry

Wow really I have found it takes a long time to get through on the phone, you would think that you should get the same service either way

The scenario which was suggested by my account team is to open the case with all the relevant notes and proper severity level.  Then call into TAC using that case #

@Brandon_Wertz

Any explaination of why that is necessary to do it that way? Doesn't it still get assigned the same way? and to the same tech?

@jdprovine wrote:

@Brandon_Wertz

Any explaination of why that is necessary to do it that way? Doesn't it still get assigned the same way? and to the same tech?

Why is it necessary?  Because you want immediate action to something which "should" already be occurring.  There are defined SLAs on the support cases which are listed when you create the case on the portal.  Calling in, in a round about way supersedes that SLA.

I think a high priority ticket has a "first touch" of either 2 or 4 hours.  Many times if I'm opening a P2 (high) case I don't have the luxury of waiting hours to being working on the problem.

When you dial in and put your existing case there likely isn't yet an assigned engineer.  The call system utilizes the hierarchical structure of the case severity.  So if you dial in with a "P3/medium" case and someone dials in with a P2 or a P1 case they'll bump your place in the phone system.

Regarding the assigned tech.  Well if you call in and there's already an assigned engineer the person who picks up the phone will just see if that person is available.  if no they'll just take the case over.  Personally I don't care who works my case as long as they can help me fix my problem.

@jdprovine,

Yup @Brandon_Wertz explained it perfectly. Once you call in and you either have a ticket open or open a new ticket they immediately start working your case when you are able to reach a tech. If you already have a ticket open and your tech isn't working it as you wish, calling in can be an easy way to get a new one without telling them that you want to be reassigned. 

The tech working the case is allowed to put it on hold so that you have one sole point of contact. This is common across most TACs, as it's supposed to be a customer value add. Ways to get around that are:

1) Call in and since the tech is gone the case will be reassigned to whoever answers the phone. You'll repeat some information but you at least have someone working on it again. 

2) Direct them to esculate or reassign. (Direct, to the point, not real nice). 

3) Wait for them to start working it again. (Likely a bad idea) 

That's about it. Some will direct you to contact your SE or account manager but honestly they can't do a whole lot on their end. 

@Brandon_Wertz

Well I would have been happier if the tech had not put my "high" case on hold for two days while he went to training and I guess if I had called in they may have reassigned my ticket. Though i have noticed over the past year quality of support is diminishing, takes me several tries to get someone who can actually help me.

Now I have asked to have the ticket pushed up twice and so far its been ignored, I guess phoning in is the next option and last time I did that is took quite awhile to get through ;(

@jdprovine wrote:

...I guess phoning in is the next option and last time I did that is took quite awhile to get through ;(

If you're calling in with a P2 case you should get in fairly quickly...Like I said before your P2 call trumps a P3 or P4 person waiting on the call to talk to someone.  Only a P1 call will bump your line in the phone queue.

@BPry

Kind of sad that you have to resort to "work arounds" to get the service you pay big bucks for. I have escalated before and the next 1 or 2 techs have been as bad as the first. 

Yes I have contacted my SE, he is usually very good about following up

@jdprovine wrote:

@Brandon_Wertz

Well I would have been happier if the tech had not put my "high" case on hold for two days while he went to training and I guess if I had called in they may have reassigned my ticket. Though i have noticed over the past year quality of support is diminishing, takes me several tries to get someone who can actually help me.

Unfrotunately mistakes, like this appears to be, happen.  Best thing you can do is call in and just get this error corrected.  Maybe ask to talk to the duty manager and let them correct the error.

• 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!