Certificate for gateway

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Certificate for gateway

L4 Transporter

My CA is Portal / Gateway  firewall it is having different template group and LSVPN HUB  firewall on different template group.

I have created new certificate for HUB  gateway on Portal/GW template , exported it from template group and imported it on HUB firewall template group it is giving below error

upload--private key - passphrase invalid input , upload -> private key -> passphrase is invalid

Any suggestions why we are getting this error.

SD-WAN | Cloud Networking | PCNSE | ICSI CNSS | MCNA | | CCNP | CCSA | SPSP | SPSX | F5-101 |
1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello

It sounds like there may be a few missed steps in getting the certificate exported/imported between the 2 templates.

Check out this link:

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/8-0/pan-os-admin/large-scale-vpn-lsvpn/enable-ssl-between-g...

and specifically look at Step 3, and then sub-step 2 and 3.. it talks about exporting using PKCS12 with a passphrase to protect the private key.  I think this area is where things are not properly implemented.

Review the link and then let us know.

Thanks 

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!