Change interface virtual router cause network down

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Change interface virtual router cause network down

L3 Networker

My network has 2 outgoing data lines. Using one virtual router and set static default route for the 2 interfaces. The 1st interface has its Metric set to higher priority. As I want to divide the traffic. Some zones were force to use the 2nd interface by setting "Police Based Forwarding".

Above settings work until I found that the 2nd interface was unable to reach internet due to asymmetric routing. So I create a new virtual router and a static default route for the 2nd interface.With the new virtual router. The 2nd interface can contact from/to internet. But those zones rely on it to reach internet were all down.

Some policies (Security, NAT, PBF) were review. I still have no idea what cause the problem.

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Are the interfaces associated with the down zones included in the second VR configuration?

hello rmfalconer,

Yes. When I create the new VR. I add the 2nd interface to this VR + the new default route.

No policies changed. Those zones are associate to the 2nd interface (in PBF). This work before even using only 1 VR.

L3 Networker

Just update this topic as I receive email said it already accept as solution but this is not the truth.

I'll onsite to investigate the affected area later.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!