Check Log storage per day

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Check Log storage per day

L1 Bithead

Hi guys,

Is there any way to find out stored log size per day?

on show system logdb-quota command, there are full data stored size there.

I'd like to know how much size for log storage per day.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Kang_Han,

Kind of. There is a formula to attempt to calculate how much storage you will utilize per day as part of the sizing process for the new logging service. You could potentially utilize this to calculate how much storage you are using every day. 

Otherwise, the best solution is to look at a given day and figure out how many logs you have generated, then multiply by 1500 and you'll have the average byte size. 

*Combined the logs average 1500 bytes per log. 

Link to Storage Sizing Doc

Hi, probably a silly question, but where can I find the log number totals rather than the total size? I see disk usage in K, M or G but I can't find the actual number of logs so that I can perform the *1500 calculation,

Kind regards, 

Stuart 

• 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!