Check software update failed

L7 Applicator

Re: Check software update failed

@DKanta, to add to this the majority of the time the only thing that you will have to do is retrieve the licenses from the server to get it to function again if it was working previously. I'm not sure why they occasionally drop off but that will usually fix it perfectly fine. If it was working previously there should be no need to change your routing unless you have made other changes to your management port. 

L3 Networker

Hi @BPry,

i tried to retrieve the license (Device->Licences->Retrieve License keys from License server), but this don't work, after some seconds appear the popup: "Failed to install licenses. Failed to get license info. Please try again later."

It seems that all the Palo Alto servers are unreachable.

Regards,

Daniele

L7 Applicator

@DKanta interesting. That definitely does sound like an actual service route issue; are you seeing the issue after updating to 7.1.7 as well? 

L3 Networker

Hi @BPry,

yes, because the PA was updated with online method, not downloading the image and uploading on the PA.

So do you suggest me to change the service route configuration?

Regards,

Daniele

L7 Applicator

@DKanta, at that point I would but it would be nice to get TAC involved if this is a wide-spread issue so that they can address and fix it going forward. 

L6 Presenter

Sure give a go (l thought you did already). If your DNS is working there is no way that you will get the same errors by using external interface to talk to the update server.

p.s logging to the support website and check the licence status there by checking your serial number withing assets  

Highlighted
L3 Networker

Hi all!

Changing the Service Route Configuration the issue risolved.

Thanks @TranceforLife and @BPry for the suggestion!

Regards,

Daniele

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!