Cisco VPN Client Timeout

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cisco VPN Client Timeout

L1 Bithead

Hello,

we are using Cisco VPN Clients to connect to our Palo Alto Network Device, it works like a charm, but the user are logged out after one hour.

The timeout for  Login Lifetime is set to 30 day, and the Idle Timeout is set to 8 hours.

Any suggestion?

Jörg

21 REPLIES 21

Not applicable

I am on Version 5.07 and I have the same issues. Global Protect clients receive the correct values. Cisco Clients will time out after 8 hours.

Is there a fix for this is or is this just another unsolved issue?

same problem on 6.1.2!

also, the split-tunnel configuration DOES NOT WORK! the tunnel always ends up being full-tunnel

I'm pretty sure that 3rd party IPSec clients only support full tunnel.  If you require split tunneling, you should use the GlobalProtect client. 

really? why is there no mention about this in any documents?

shame on you paloalto

Split tunnel on IPSEC is working but only if the networks are simpler enough. For examples if access routes are 192.168.0.0/24 and 172.16.0.0/24 this goes to full tunnel. Technical limitation probably will never fix.

Cisco IPSEC are stuck only to 8 hours and other IPSEC flavors (IPSEC on MacOSX) have even worst timeout.

what do you mean with "simpler networks"???

access route 192.168.0.0/24 is a simple one and goes to split tunnel

192.168.0.0/24 and 172.16.0.0/24 are more complex access routes and goes to tunnel everything

• 21 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!