Cli command to delete sub-interfaces

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cli command to delete sub-interfaces

L1 Bithead

looking for the cli command to delete multiple subinterfaces in one go. Seems like it can be done?

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi,

In configure mode:

'show network interface ethernet ethernet1/20 layer3 units'

will show ethernet1/20's subinterfaces

Then I had to issue:

'delete import network interface ethernet1/20.111'

'delete network interface ethernet ethernet1/20 layer3 units ethernet1/20.111'

Without the 'delete import' in my case i got a reference error.

I do not think there is a delete * command for this.

Shai

Thanks ShaiW for replying, can you please confirm me the function of this command here "delete import network interface ethernet1/20.111" & is this a tested solution for both physical and VM based deployments? I think you can only do it one by one, do u have any command for a range like cisco.

Thanks for all your help!

Regards,

Ganesh

Hi

Interfaces and Sub Interfaces are added under import->network as a list of interfaces. In my PA3020 I had to delete it from there before deleting the interface otherwise I got an error that it is referenced elsewhere.

As far as I know this must be done one by one, but you should check you environment, you might get more errors that this is referenced in other places (virtual router for example) which will not let you delete the sub interface until all references are deleted first.

Here is a tip:

In operational mode ('>') type 'set cli config-output-format set'

Then all show commands in configure show the commands, one by one as 'set' commands - this will ease finding the correct command path.

Shai

Shai

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!