Commit Failed to send phase 1 abort !

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Commit Failed to send phase 1 abort !

Not applicable

Hi,

My PA box keeps failing in commit and I get the attached message.

Could any one please help me decypher this, and let me know how I can

get this boy to commit to my terms !

Regards,

Tau_commit failed reason.jpg

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

We got similar errors on PA500 device using 5.0.6 version. "debug software restart management-server" usually helped to get rid of this stuff for a while. Then it creeps back again. Local manager recommended to upgrade RAM, did that, also upgraded to 5.0.10 and so far I have not encountered this error so far. Will see, because usually it takes few weeks after management restart to accumulate errors again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Hello sir,

Could you please follow below mentioned steps:

> show system software status | match srvr >>>>>>>>> Need to verify the process ID for device-server and management-server.

> debug software restart management-server

> debug software restart device-server

> show system software status | match srvr >>>>>>>>Need to verify the process ID ( it should be a different ID after restart )

#commit

Please update the result, so that I could help you with the next troubleshooting steps.

Thanks

L4 Transporter

which PA and version you have?

Try to install the latest PANOS (or reinstall PANOS)... We have sometimes the same issue with PA2000 series...

L7 Applicator

Do you have any updates on this issue....?

Thanks

L2 Linker

We got similar errors on PA500 device using 5.0.6 version. "debug software restart management-server" usually helped to get rid of this stuff for a while. Then it creeps back again. Local manager recommended to upgrade RAM, did that, also upgraded to 5.0.10 and so far I have not encountered this error so far. Will see, because usually it takes few weeks after management restart to accumulate errors again.

It's the same issue for 2000 series: lack of memory.

Please PA, provide a memory upgrade kit for the 2000 series !!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!