Committing Firewall changes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Committing Firewall changes

Not applicable

Does committing firewall changes bring the firewall down or will it remain functional while updating the configuration. I basically want to know if I can commit a NAT policy change without bringing down my tunnels

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

It shouldn't - I do commits during the work day and nothing seems to "go down" - though I'm not doing anything to reconfigure any core networking items either, in which you might experience drops. If it's just changing NAT rules, should cause any problem.

L5 Sessionator

Jay,

Committing the configuration will not bring the firewall down. Is your NAT policy in anyway related to your tunnel config? If not, it will not have an impact.

Thanks,

Sri

Not applicable

Thank you both all i'm doing is restoring outbound internet traffic to a server in the DMZ its not even a new policy just re-enabling it

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!