Configuring a fiber port for HA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Configuring a fiber port for HA

L1 Bithead

Is it possible to configure a fiber port to act as a HA port.

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

I didn't do it myself but I didn't read anything about a limitation on fiber + aggregation.

Not sure!!!! have a client that has fiber only to his units and I am not keen to use converters to connect to the HA ports.....

Thanks for the feedback.

Oh you mean HA in PaloAlto terms, I was thinking about ports aggregation (Port-channel etc ...)

I think that you use dataplane for HA for 2000 series and smaller models while there are dedicated HA interfaces (directly connected to the mgmtplane) on 4000 series and upwards.

The point here is that when using dataplane for HA (which is possible on 4000 and upwards) you might end up with a "firewall flap" in case you restart the dataplane when in HA mode.

For 4000 and upwards using one or more interfaces on the dataplane for HA is mainly for redundancy reasons (in case one of the physical HA interfaces fails).

Unfortunately none of the HA interfaces is SFP/SFP+ today (hopefully future models will have this option) but given the above I _think_ it should work for you to use one (or more) of the dataplane interfaces (SFP/SFP+) as HA interface to avoid external fiber converters.

Thank you for the feedback!!!!

Regards

D

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!