General Topics
Post a discussion here if you have general questions regarding configuration and troubleshooting for Palo Alto Networks products. Use this forum to collaborate with like-minded security professionals to improve your security posture.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
General Topics
Post a discussion here if you have general questions regarding configuration and troubleshooting for Palo Alto Networks products. Use this forum to collaborate with like-minded security professionals to improve your security posture.
About General Topics

Discussions

CVE-2024-3400 IOC's

Hello All,

Its a twitter link but will try and summarize the process. 

https://twitter.com/cyb3rops/status/1781294529586331650

Credit to:
Florian Roth
@cyb3rops

We decided to share our #YARA rules to scan for indicators of the exploitation

Resolved! Help understanding Asymmetric Path issue

Hoping that someone can help me to understand my asymmetric path issue (out of sync). I have a single virtual firewall with 2 virtual routers.

Interfaces:

• Client (in zone 'client'). Is gateway for subnet.
  • VPN (in zone 'vpn'). Is gateway for subnet.

Screenshot from 2024-04-21 09-14-11.png
shyrus by L0 Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes

Eve-NG Palo Alto VM ARP Issue

Does anybody encounter arp problems in eve-ng on palo firewall with pan-os 11 version ?  As an example, i have a small topology like clientA->routerA-> firewall<-routerB<-clientB , when i try to ping from clientA to clientB, clientA send ARP Request

SysLog setup not working

Hi,

I am using PA-2050, with PAN OS 4.1.3.

From few days I am trying to configure the syslog to be sent to a central logging system. I followed every possible documentation, but I am not getting any syslogs coming to the syslog server.  I tried on sys

SSL Inspection issues with GlobalProtect users

We're having some strange SSL/TLS Inspection errors while on GlobalProtect. We are getting unsupported-parameter errors while a user is connected to GlobalProtect trying to get to any internet site, including things like google.com. Doing a packet ca

Claw4609 by L4 Transporter
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes

B2B VPN IKEv2 Fail with Amazon Private Cloud Peer

Setting up a VPN with a vendor. It came up the first time and test data was passed. It was a couple of weeks after testing before the tunnel would actually be used. When that time came we could not get the tunnel up. IKEv2 fails. I know nothing chang

pnelson by L1 Bithead
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes

Resolved! Can't import a certificate via XML API using C#

Hello,

I'm trying to import a certificate to a Palo Alto VM-50 via XML API with an App written in C# but I always get this error:

<response status = 'error' code = '400'><result><msg>No file uploaded</msg></result></response>

My C# code is be

kittcat by L0 Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes

Unresponsive support @clico

Hello,

We've got an issue with a PA3250 and the thing is that support went silent on us. They were supposed to provide us with an answer before 14.12.2022 and we haven't heard from them. Calling them doesn't work, as they don't pick up their phon

silviub by L0 Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes

Resolved! Monitoring Global Protect

I'm currently in the process of migrating my company from AnyConnect to Global Protect on our 5220s.  I'm looking for your feedback on how you all "monitor" the VPN service?

When comparing the "dashboard" view of Cisco's ASDM I don't really see anyth

QoS bandwidth limit

Hi all,

We did iperf tcp to test the available bandwidth
with QoS active without bandwidth limits I reach around 3Gbps
Without active QoS I reach almost 9Gbps.
I'd like to know if this is normal behavior for PA-1410

The same on PA-3220 doesn't show such

Incomplete release notes

Hello,

why do I have to go there: PAN-OS 10.2.7-h6 Addressed Issues (paloaltonetworks.com)

to find some unresolved issues in 10.2.8 ?

i.e PAN-242627 or PAN-246431

Issues with pushing out 10.2.9-h1

There is not a community discussion for issues implementing 10.2.9-h1

We have a maintenance window to push out 10.2.9-h1 Thursday evening and with recent issues with 1.2.7.h3 and other roll outs i am starting this thread for the community.

How and Why to Accept a Solution to Your Post

Did you know that you can help your fellow community members by accepting solutions when a reply answers your question. Accepted solutions are a super-helpful resource in the community, and we want to make sure our members understand how this feature

JayGolf_0-1691518400714.jpeg
JayGolf by Community Team Member
  • 3 replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 24194 Posts
  • 100 Subscriptions
Labels