Re: Current stable release for PAN-OS 8.1

i did the following during upgrade, 

8.0.10 -  8.0.18  - 8.1.0  - 8.1.8-h5 

is that correct or better to have 8.18 without the hotfix like :

8.0.10 -  8.0.18  - 8.1.0  - 8.1.8   -  8.1.8-h5 

which is the better path ?

L4 Transporter

8.1.8 is the current posted preferred release.  I have never had any issue with a Hotfix release.  It's really a judgment call by you.

L4 Transporter

Sorry I mis-read that.  Yes, you don't have to install 8.1.8 before 8.1.8-h5.  As long as you have the base image downloaded (ie - 8.1.0) you should be able to jump straight to any minor release without installing the base image.

8.0.10 -> 8.0.18 -> 8.1.8-h5 (but you must have the 8.1.0 downloaded)

You could also go straight from 8.0.10 -> 8.1.8-h5 the same way but I prefer to be running the current preferred of the running minor release (8.0.18 in this case) before any upgrade.

Community Team Member

@ammar ,

If you are experiencing the bug for which h5 was created then it's recommended to install the hotfix. 

If you don't suffer from this bug then it's recommended to stay on 8.1.8

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!