Custom report export takes a lot of time

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Custom report export takes a lot of time

L0 Member

I am facing an issue while exporting a custom report. I am running 8.0.3 on PA-220.

After I create a report I used "Run Now" option and tried exporting the result (100 records) into CSV/PDF. It is taking a lot of time in Exporting state.  I thought it is due to ip-hostname resolve timeout and tried unchecking the Hostname columns. But when I hover-over on column chooser, the menu is not expanding. Not sure if it is due to my browser issue or some bug, though I have tried in IE, Chrome and Firefox latest versions.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@NANDHAKUMAR,

This is to be expected behavior depending on the amount of information you are trying to export, where, and what file format. 

@BPry,

As mentioned, I am trying to export 100 records (with 8 columns) from Manage Custom Reports -> Run Now section into CSV format and PDF format as well.

The records displayed as the query run faster. But when I click on Export to CSV button, the Exporting bar is showing for a long time. 

Sometimes it happens even for 5 recodds (with 8 columns).

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!