Customized Response Page

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Customized Response Page

L1 Bithead

I am looking for some assistance with configuring a customized response page. The company is giving some consideration to blocking the URL category of web-advertisements and we are noticing inconsistencies when the response page appears. Currently, the page is basic HTML, no scripting. A lot of the web-advertisements on the sides and headers of pages will not display our default response page. However, if I take the URL that is blocked and access it directly via a new window, the page displays. So, how the advertisement is called within the page appears to be causing the issue. The consistency as to when and how the page appears is not acceptable to management.

Has anyone come across issues with the consistency of the response page displaying? and does anyone have any response page writing tips that might assist with this? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

Hi grenierm ,

You can create your own page and add import them to the response pages

The document below explain the steps:

Customizing Response Pages

Hope this helps. Thank you.

I am comfortable with the information in this document but it doesn't address the problem I am experiencing. Thanks

are all the ads being classifed as web-advertisement ? which app-id does it match if its web-browsing or ssl ?

I ended up writing custom apps to just block the connection with no response .

long list of digital ad companies

http://www.aboutads.info/participating

http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices

A few of the highest ones i've seen

doubleclick

quantcast

integralads

openx

doubleverify

pubmatic

tubemogul

mediamind

liverail

scorecard research

addthis

L3 Networker

Hello,

The URL filter works on categories and should treat the pages the same regardless if they are embedded or in their own separate browser. You may want to check the URL filter logs to see if you can find out how they are being classified. I have different levels of URL filtering based on AD group and one for 'guests'. Sometimes when I see things get miscategorized, its because its not picking up on the user field.

Opening a case is always helpful and they are pretty quick to respond.

Cheers!

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!