Customizing login page through the available response pages

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Customizing login page through the available response pages

L0 Member

Hi everyone,

I've honestly poured over the forum, the FAQs, the How-Tos and the all knowing Google search to find an answer to my questions.  

Background:  I've customized a login page and added some styles to it and I have included a DIV tag that has some instructions for the user.  I figured out the login form gets injected into the pan_form tag on the exported page. 

Question 1:  When I log in successfully into my organization I'm given the options to download the client - great... but what I want is that DIV that has the instructions on it to disappear once the client has logged in.  I've tried javascript, new pages, and everything else I can think of but it just doesn't work... How do I make those instructions disappear?

Question 2:  How do I accomplish anything beyond that?  This is my ideal workflow:

Login page with form and instructions --> client enters correct credentials --> welcome page shows with available client downloads without instructions.

I'm sure I sound a bit mixed up but I'm trying to help the guy who's in charge of the Palo Alto appliance so any help you can give me would be great.  I'll be happy to clarify further if needed.

Thanks everyone.

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

Hi @thumper

Almost anythin is possible as long as you get around all the content that is loaded by default on the GP Portal. You can even change the form that is injected at the pan_form tag, but this one is tricky an requires you to use third party scripts as it needs more script/characterd than the firewall allows.

Question 1:

Did you try to simply hide the CSS ID "dFormat" with an additional CSS statement in the head section of the HTML? (->display:none or display:hidden)

Question 2:

If the proposed solution from question 1 works then you should be able to place the instructions on the initial page with the loginform and after login the instructions remain hidden.

Hi @Remo - thank you for replying.  I did try to do something similar but in the end I felt that I was putting too much time and effort into troubleshooting this and I was feeling like I was trying to fit a square peg into a round hole... :S Ii do appreciate the time you took to help me.  I am grateful.

However, we just need something that works well and has little to no maintenance.  I removed the instructions and kept the login as vanilla as possible with a header/footer template for branding.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Thanks again.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!