Cybersecurity Thoughts

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cybersecurity Thoughts

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I have recently read many Plao Alto and TrendMicro research articles, predictions and reports on subject of cybersecurity. Regardless of personal opinion there are possible catastrophic results that could happen in case of abuse of certain sectors and devices. From the point of view of home users the titles in the newspapers appear to be anouncing a cyber- armagedon, no less. In thruth be told, everything seems like its a warning sign, leave the web and never come back. We depend on these devices and Internet, because they make our lives easier and connect different parts of the world.

My question to you is:

What is your opinion on entire situation?

I thank you for the time you took to read this.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

So the doom and gloom articles are a good way to get funding from scanred CIO's, etc. The PAN its self is a hardend appliance with no user access to the underlying OS, so its pretty secure. As for other devices, the answer there is it depends. What are hackers looking for and what are you trying to protect. Could a scenario such as 'some' of the hacks depicted on the show Mr. Robot possible, yes, however one has to realize that most of those hacks occur due to shadow IT (internal bad guys who have physical access) and social engineering (common problem in most organizations).

I prefer the layered security approach and education of the populace to have a secure mindset. So overall its a perform due dilligence, follow best practices, and stay on your toes. 

I hope that makes sense :).

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!