DH group 15 IPSec tunnel

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DH group 15 IPSec tunnel

L3 Networker

Hi

I must build up an IPSEC tunel between PA and Watchguard XTM. The other Side gives me ike phase where DH Group is 15.

On PA I only can choose Group 1—768 bits, Group 2—1024 bits (default), Group 5—1536 bits, Group 14—2048 bits, Group 19—256-bit elliptic curve group, and Group 20—384-bit elliptic curve group

Is there a way to build up a "custom" DH Group or must the otherside set the DH Group to a value that my PA side can work with?

https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/fireware/12/en-US/Content/en-US/bovpn/manual/diffie_hellman_c.h...

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/80/pan-os/pan-os/vpns/site-to-site-vpn-concepts/inter...

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hi @clonesheep

You must set the watchguard to something that Paloalto firewalls support.

--> Supported Cipher suites for IPSec VPN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

Hi @clonesheep

You must set the watchguard to something that Paloalto firewalls support.

--> Supported Cipher suites for IPSec VPN

okay i was almost thinking. but i wanted to ask at least, not that there is a point for custom dh group somewhere.
thank you

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!