DHCP Server ip adress give so slow

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DHCP Server ip adress give so slow

L0 Member

hello,

we are try palto 5060 fw. Palto os 4.0 not yet update 4.1. Before we was using juniper and we write all rules same as juniper after all our network  ip address relase or renew so slow.

We have 3 zone. Trust, untrust and dmz. Our dhcp server is located dmz zone. As palto not as juniper not giving ip. it is slow.

I want to learn what am i do for dhcp server we are using dhcpv3 and dhcpv6. I try to 2008 r2 dhcp but noting change.

it is about palto and rule.

Please help me for waht am i do for givin ip so fast on dhcp server.

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

I suggest you call our Support and open a case.  They can help diagnose the issue.

Thanks.

Hello,

One of our customer is complaining for the same issue: They were using DHCP on windows servers before migrating to PaloAlto 3020 PanOS 5.1 and now they are complaining that DHCP offer is much more slower than before...

Interfaces are set to 1Gb/FD and switches didn't change.

Regards,

Laurent

We had this exact same problem... the problem is that the PAN DHCP server doesn't respond with a NACK when a client requests an IP out of the DHCP server's scope (which is in the DHCP RFC as a "should implement" if I remember from my bug report)

PANOS 4.1.13 and PANOS 5.0.4 has a fix for the DHCP slowness.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!