DHCP lease assignment order

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DHCP lease assignment order

L1 Bithead

While configuring the PAN firewall as a DHCP server, is it possible to assign lease to a client starting from the highest to the lowest range? Meaning if the DHCP range for the subnet 10.10.10.0/24is from (10.10.10.100-10.10.10.254), can the lease be given in the order of 10.10.10.254 1st, 10.10.10.253 2nd, 10.10.20.252 3rd and so on until 10.10.10.100 last?

In my test environment I found that the firewall was handing out the lease starting form 10.10.10.100 -10.10.10.254.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Birajan,

I don't believe there is currently a way to change the order in which the IPs are assigned. You could reach out to your SE and see if there is a feature request to add your vote to, or create a new one if it doens't already exist. If you let us know the FR number then we can add our votes to it as well if others want this ability. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Birajan,

I don't believe there is currently a way to change the order in which the IPs are assigned. You could reach out to your SE and see if there is a feature request to add your vote to, or create a new one if it doens't already exist. If you let us know the FR number then we can add our votes to it as well if others want this ability. 

@jdelio, Thank you for your response.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!