Decrypting Dropbox

L3 Networker

Re: Decrypting Dropbox

I have set this: set shared ssl-decrypt ssl-exclude-cert "*.dropbox.com" on our firewalls; however, the dropbox application is still complaining that it "Can't establish secure connection" once in a while; it shows the error, then a few minutes later, it connects and sync.

L3 Networker

Sascha,

Are you still having issues with Dropbox? I am having the exact same issue, after I excluded *.dropbox.com from decryption. Also, I noticed that while doing a packet capture that the connection breaks when client tries to get to Amazon, where the actual file are stored. I am just wondering if you were able to make it work and would share the information.

Thank you

Highlighted
L0 Member

Is it possible to rename the title to "How to not decrypt dropbox" ?

Because the so-called solution does not decrypt dropbox at all, it just excludes it from decryption.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!