Delete object group, created new obj. group, policies and objects deleted - how to revert back?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Delete object group, created new obj. group, policies and objects deleted - how to revert back?

L1 Bithead

Since we do not have any spare Palo Alto FW's and our is production I must ask before doing something wrong...

I deleted object group (that included 2 HA FW's), created new one with the same 2 FW's comited to Panorama, but now the rules and objects are deleted in Panorama, but on FW's there are still those ruls.

Can I safely revert 4 commits back to Panorama (that had old info)? Will after that objects and rules show in Panorama and can I than safely comit to those 2 FW's?

...or is there other way for me to safely revert  changes?

I have also made backup "Export Panorama and devices config bundle" prior changes - could I use this option?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Shouldn't run into any issues with simply loading a configuration version that existed prior to your changes and commiting the configuration. This essentially rolls back anything that you've done since then. 

Thanks for reply...

Manual and all other info I found out colaborates your answer...

Our "reseller" thinks it is more problematic than this (he mentioned some serial numbers imbended or something like that), he also mentioned tunnels to 2 other company locations, but if i red right everything is in saved configs and tunnels won't drop. I don't have any other toughts but it's his purpuse to sell...

If anyone else reading thi has other opinion, please let me know, otherwise I will go on and revert to commit 4 versions back.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!