Destination NAT Mismatch error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Destination NAT Mismatch error

Not applicable

Hi I'm configuring a new PA-500 and have it working for source NAT going from Tusted to Internet. Now I want to create a destination NAT rule to allow traffic in to a web server located on the trusted net. I have created a rule almost exactly as it shows in the Admin guide but I'm getting the error - “nat rule “Incoming Web”: Mismatch destination address translation range” the settings are as follows:

Name: Incoming Web

Tag: None

Source Zone: Untrusted

Destination Zone: Untrusted

Destination Interface:  none (The manual shows ‘any’ but I don’t have that option)

Source Address: Any

Destination Address: External FW IP

Service: HTTP

Source Translation: None

Destination Translation: address: Internal Web Server IP

I can't seem to find anything on these forums relating to this error.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Kenton

5 REPLIES 5

L2 Linker

Please select the interface where External FW IP is configured as "Destination Interface"

Thanks @snisar, I have already tried that (and tried again after your suggestion) but I still get the same error.

Kenton

It turns out this was due to a misconfiguration in the IP address of the target server.

Thanks for returning with followup of the result 🙂

I am getting the same error but my public ip is dynamic.  The "Mismatch destination address translation range" goes away if I put a static ip address in the orginial packet, destination address field like you normally would but I need to leave this as any since it is dynamic.  Any Ideas?

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!