Did anyone succesfully connect with globalprotect through the IOS App ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Did anyone succesfully connect with globalprotect through the IOS App ?

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I just downloaded the app from the appstore, and just at the point where i got enthusiastic, i got a certificate error which should not be there because the chain is correct.

After clicking OK, i got the error "Cannot connect to Globalprotect. Your internet connection or Globalprotect network appears te be offline." But if i try to connect through the builtin Cisco client, everything works fine and quick.

Anyone a good idea to solve this ?

Kind regards,

René Posthumus

17 REPLIES 17

L6 Presenter

clip_image002.jpg

IOS app needs both Portal and Gateway license.

L4 Transporter

I got it working just fine on my iPhone 4S running iOS v6.1.2.

I got it working just fine on my iPhone 4S running iOS v6.1.2.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You mean GP on apple market ?

if yes than there is something wrong on their document Smiley Happy

Yes, the GlobalProtect iOS app from the Apple AppStore.  Works great on my iPhone.

interesting.Something wrong but what.

Support will answer that.

As I understand it you only need the GlobalProtect subscription if you want to do HIP Profile type stuff when your iDevice connects. The table in that image above is misleading... you don't have to have a GP subscription if you just want to provide VPN connectivity, only if you want to do the HIP Profile matching.

The new native iOS application requires the GlobalProtect gateway subscription to be active on the firewall in order to connect.  Using the builtin VPN client and having X-Auth enabled in the GlobalProtect configuration does not require the license and continues to be a supported configuration.

Ah I see. I was thinking of the old X-Auth method, I didn't realize a GP subscription was needed for the new iOS app. Good to see an official confirmation from PA on this.

L6 Presenter

I am confused.

what jwolach is saying this new ios app. is working.So maybe they use with license ???

Gp for iphone

1- no license needed

2-only portal

3- portal with gateway

Bulent,

Option 3 would be the requirement for using the native iOS application from the App Store.

Ok so document is correct.

Thanks.

My question is... since every PA firewall already comes with 1 Portal and 1 Gateway license, do I need to purchase an additional Portal & Gateway subscription to use the iOS GP app?  If so, why?

You are talking for NFR ?

Everyone does not have these licenses.

if you have 1 for both no you don't need to buy.

I think, if it's true that for using the GP iOS client, you need a portal & gateway license, it's marketing.

PA is bringing a common feature and presents it as new and let users/organizations pay for it to make some money, while using the GP client on another platform is free of charge, even when you don't own a portal and gateway license.

• 17 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!