Did anyone succesfully connect with globalprotect through the IOS App ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Did anyone succesfully connect with globalprotect through the IOS App ?

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I just downloaded the app from the appstore, and just at the point where i got enthusiastic, i got a certificate error which should not be there because the chain is correct.

After clicking OK, i got the error "Cannot connect to Globalprotect. Your internet connection or Globalprotect network appears te be offline." But if i try to connect through the builtin Cisco client, everything works fine and quick.

Anyone a good idea to solve this ?

Kind regards,

René Posthumus

17 REPLIES 17

Last answers from PaloAlto

What GlobalProtect license is required?

The GlobalProtect gateway subscription is required. Customers who already have the

GlobalProtect gateway subscription do not need to purchase any additional licenses to use the

app.

Do I need GlobalProtect portal license as well?

No, GlobalProtect Portal is not mandatory if you are only using one external gateway (HA or

standalone). In these scenarios, if you currently don't have a portal license, then you will only need

to purchase the gateway subscription in order to use the app.

What the heck! So you can use the iOS App, but you won't get HIP profiles with it unless you buy a portal license? Is that correct?

That is correct but you need a gateway license

• 17 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!