Does Adding a Group Mapping Also Add the Users in that Group?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Does Adding a Group Mapping Also Add the Users in that Group?

L3 Networker

Hi,

I'm wondering, if I were to add an AD group to the Group Mapping pane on the firewall, are all the members of that group also added? Or do I -definitely- need UserID for that?

Thanks,

A.

(Now shamelessly adding the next 49 friend requests.)

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Yes it does.  You will need to check the User-to-IP mapping on the CLI to see if the users are being mapped correctly.  In some cases leaving include groups and the domain on the user identification setting off don't.  Just having it selected in the policy won't work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Yes it does.  You will need to check the User-to-IP mapping on the CLI to see if the users are being mapped correctly.  In some cases leaving include groups and the domain on the user identification setting off don't.  Just having it selected in the policy won't work.

Thanks, Champion Knight Amansour!

A.

(Now shamelessly adding the next 49 friend requests.)

Wait is your avatar the one from Half-Life ?

No, it's the default Palo Alto avatar.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!