Does Panorama M-100 support more than 100 devices?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Does Panorama M-100 support more than 100 devices?

L1 Bithead

Looking to manage more than 100+ devices (around 300 device). is the M-100 able to meet this requirement?

below is my current planning setup:

M-100 (panorama mode) <--------------------------> 100+ PA box

or do i required another M-100 box as log collector in between?

M-100 (Panorama mode)<------------------------> M-100 (log Collector mode) <-----------------------> 100+ PA box

Appreciate any input..thanks

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

According to this Spec Sheet for the M-100 decive:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/content/dam/paloaltonetworks-com/en_US/assets/pdf/datasheets/panora...

Panorama M-100 devices will support 1000 devices.

As far as when you will need an additional M-100 for a log collector inbetween the Firewall and Panorama, I am going to recommend that you contact your local SE (sales engineer) so they can best advise what you what will fit best in your environment.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

L7 Applicator

Manage more than 100 is not a problem.  The issue will be if you are collecting and using logs how much logging per second you are getting and at what point additional log collectors will be needed to avoid losing information.

The second issue is then how much disk space you need to save historical logs.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

L1 Bithead

im also worried about the historical logs. the best way i can think is to run a daily schedule log export but those file will be unreadable in PA/M-100 box later on.

When you have many devices and so many logs you are worried about getting all of the logs, then that is why we have designed the M-100's to be a Panorama Manager and then the M-100's can be dedicated log collectors.  You can have many M-100 Log collectors all reporting to Panorama. Panorama manages the M-100's and the Firewalls.

So the Firewalls send their logs to the M-100's and then when you need to run reports, etc, Panorama goes to the M-100 units to read the logs.

I hope this makes sense.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!