Does or when will Palo Alto support IKEv2?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Does or when will Palo Alto support IKEv2?

Not applicable

I am just trying to confirm if Palo Alto supports IKEv2 at this time.

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

IKEv2 is supported with PAN-OS 7.0.  See PAN-OS 7.0 Release Notes: VPN Features

Related information:

Configuring IKEv2 for Microsoft Azure Environment

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

L6 Presenter

Currently it is not supported. However, there is a feature request previously submitted. Please submit an FR through your Sales Team (FR ID: 1683)

-Renato

Palo Alto may want to expedite this feature request because I just received a call from one of our customers who stated that to become PCI compliant, they are required to use IKEv2. They are using Cisco ASA's.

Not applicable

It would also be nice because this is required for VPN on Windows Phone 8.1.

L2 Linker

Just hit this brick wall when trying to move our Azure VPNs from a Juniper to the Palo, no IKEv2??? The Junipers are 7 years old and they have it. Really stuck now, looks like our old Junipers are going to have to stay running just for these VPN's. We used IKEv1 with Azure but had countless problems and changed after a long support case with MS so going back really isn't an option.

Andy

Andie there's a blog post here where the guy seems to have had luck with IKEv1, routed VPNs and Palo Alto...

Stuff I've learnt: IPSec VPNs and IKE

Hi, we can get it to work with IKEv1 but the link is not reliable, it kept dropping at the MS side. In the end after lots of testing with MS their only solution was to change to IKEv2 which has not failed yet.

Ahh I see. Ouch.

L3 Networker

IKEv2 is supported with PAN-OS 7.0.  See PAN-OS 7.0 Release Notes: VPN Features

Related information:

Configuring IKEv2 for Microsoft Azure Environment

L5 Sessionator

IKEV2 is currently supported by PA and it is available from PAN OS 7.0

IKEGateway1.JPG

Please rate the helpful answer

• 1 accepted solution
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!