Domain names in Security Policy

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Domain names in Security Policy

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Does anyone know if it's possible to use a domain in a security policy? I know that I can use FQDN but what happens if I need to allow a wider range, such as *.zoom.us? Can this be done or am I out of luck?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

It's not the desitnation address it's on the "service" tab I think then on the right you can select the URL category.

--edit--  essentially the destination address is "ANY" and you're going to create the security policy based on your custom URL category.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

Why can't you use a custom URL category with the domain you want on the URL tab?  Is that what you're looking for?

I might be doing something wrong but I don't see an option of putting the custom URL category as the destination address. Essentially I just want to use a wildcard in the destination address to include anything.zoom.us as an allowed destination address under security policy. 

It's not the desitnation address it's on the "service" tab I think then on the right you can select the URL category.

--edit--  essentially the destination address is "ANY" and you're going to create the security policy based on your custom URL category.

Thanks much! Didn't realize that I could actually use a custom URL Category to this affect. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!