Download the licenses to PA 3220

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Download the licenses to PA 3220

L2 Linker

What options are there to download the license on a PA3220 replacement of a failed  PA 3220 , which cannot connect to the internet, please inform me how to do it thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

thanks !!!! I could already download the 2 premium and threat prevention  licenses but those 2 attachments with which application or software I can open them to load manually on the new device

thanks for your attention 

Diego

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@DGonzalezAR,

Once you have the RMA unit you need to add the device to your support portal, and then transfer the licenses from your old firewall to the new RMA unit. You'll then be able to download the license key files straight from the support portal and load them onto your firewall without any internet access requirements for the firewall itself. 

Thanks for the previous answer, you can indicate in the portal, the menu from where I can download the license and how to load it on the device if it is through a pendrive
It is important to mention that today activates the transfer of the license of the equipment that failed the new equipment in the portal successfully

@DGonzalezAR,

So you won't be able to do the transfer from a pen drive. You can do it through the GUI or directly through the CLI, but the actual file won't read from a USB. 

For downloading the license, you simply need to go to the Devices list under the Assets field on the support site and click the little download icon next to the License, that will download the license key file to your computer. 

Capture.PNG

Then you will simply go into the GUI and under the 'Licenses' section under 'Device' there is a section for License Management. You'll want to select the 'Manually upload license key' option and specify the license key file that you just downloaded from the support page. 

thanks !!!! I could already download the 2 premium and threat prevention  licenses but those 2 attachments with which application or software I can open them to load manually on the new device

thanks for your attention 

Diego

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!