Dual ISP with RIP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Dual ISP with RIP

L1 Bithead

Dear Friends !

i am running RIP in entire Network with Dual ISP

the problem is that when 1 network part want to communicates with other part PBR just forward thier packets to Internet

how can i solved this issue to prefere routing table first and forward the packet to internet then

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Policy Based Forwarding takes affect prior to the PAN's routing tables. If the PBF policy to doing the routing, then the changes need to happen there. I would suggest you use the monitor function and the 'Disable this rule if...' feature. However I would caution with this approach since I do not know enough about your network and am making a lot of assumptions.

Regards,

I believe by using VR setups on the SRX could solve your problem. But without much knowledge about your network, there are chances of misguiding you. So seek the assistance of a technical person.

Untitled.png

i am using above diagram and running RIP everywhere (DMZ, LAN and PAN)

i have dual ISP, when LAN Network want to communicates with DMZ, PAN just forward all packets to Primary ISP according to PBR role

in this case DMZ and LAN Network will not be able to communicates with each other

-----------------

Kindly share your experiences !

Hello,

Make sure in your PBR policy you have it set to disable with a monitor. If it is setup that way and still doesnt work, its a routing issue with RIP at some point.

Regards,

1. Why are you using RIP?

2. Are both interfaces (LAN,DMZ) attached to the same vRouter on the PAN?

3. Are you running RIP on the vRouter?

a. If so, what do the router tables on the vRouter look like?  These packets should only be forwarded to the Internet (I'm guessing that's your default gw) if they don't have a route in the route table.  My first leaning is you have something misconfigured on your vRouter.

PS - I would highly recommend you move to a modern routing protocol like OSPF or BGP.  RIP isn't really used in the industry anymore except to teach basic routing principles.

i am running RIP with both internal routers as well in PAN

since PAN has PBR for Dual ISP and policy have internet route it PBR, everything is forwarding to Internet

when client in LAN network wans to communicates with DMZ network PAN just send the request to ISP

when i disable PBR and using only 1 ISP everying is working fine, but how to have Dual ISP failover when Using RIP everywhere ?

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!