Dual outside interfaces, using DHCP, static route and path monitoring -commit error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Dual outside interfaces, using DHCP, static route and path monitoring -commit error

L1 Bithead

I have an issue with a PA.220 running 9.0.2 setup, using dual DHCP assigned outside interfaces.

I can remove the "auto created default route" in the interface's IPV4 config.

And also create both new default routes with metric 10 and 20.

But when I try to add path monitoring to the static routes I get the following commit error:

• Can't get vr id(Module: dhcpd)
  • Commit failed

I can only choose DHCP address as source IP in the path monitor setup...

Removing path monitoring and all is dandy again......

Any ideas.... or just  a 9.0 bug ?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Strange ... I shortly tried it also on a PA-220 on 9.0.2 and it was working without any problems right away.

@LasseN wrote:

Yes you got it wrong. In the menu only DHCP is an option:

Do you ecpext something else there? On an interface with DHCP assined address I cannot have another option to choose than dhcp address

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

@LasseN wrote:

I can only choose DHCP address as source IP in the path monitor setup...

Removing path monitoring and all is dandy again......

So did you try to chose no IP address as src in path monitoring and then the commit fails? If yes, then this is not a bug. It is somehow expected as you have to choose a source IP and on an interface with dhcp assigned IP address you only have this option - or did I get this wrong and the commit error is there also when you choose dhcp as src?

image.png

But now, After a few "commit force" from CLI and adding and removing path monitoring it now works....

Strange ... I shortly tried it also on a PA-220 on 9.0.2 and it was working without any problems right away.

@LasseN wrote:

Do you ecpext something else there? On an interface with DHCP assined address I cannot have another option to choose than dhcp address

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!