Dynamic NAT IP & PORT with STUN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Dynamic NAT IP & PORT with STUN

L1 Bithead

Hello,

Is anyone already configured it ?

We want to use STUN but the NAT seems to be a problem.

David,

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@David7660,

This is how most people have their browsing traffic nat'd. Because the firewall keeps all of the traffic together in a session, STUN traffic should not be an issue. 

This is also how I've configured my firewalls, and none have issues with Hangouts or other messaging apps because of it. 

@BPry

I thought the same thing.

But when we test it, we never receive the bindResponse. I don't know why.

My rules is

LAN to EXT with STUN application to any port to the URLs stun.l.google.com, stun1.l.google.com, stun2.l.google.com, stun3.l.google.com, stun4.l.google.com

Hello,

Are there any drop or denies in the unified logs? Also is it picking up on the application STUN?

Please advise,

Hello @OtakarKlier

Yes I see my packet going through my rules with the stun application on the google-meet port 19302 but 0 received packet.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!