EDL HTTP response code said error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

EDL HTTP response code said error

Hi,

I am facing an issue where the External Dynamic List shows an error when tested by cli command "request system External-list show", the error is "HTTP response code said error", but whem the list is tested from any other device it is accessable and working fine, this list is a Domain list, and I dont think it is a bug as the list is not working on two different releases of 7.1.X.

Has anyone experienced this error befors, is it related to the firewall or the network, or is it from the server hosting the list.

Thanks a lot

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

It is most likely the site itself. A way to confirm it would be to set up your own server and mirror the list from the original source. Point the firewall at your own server for the EDL source instead. An extra benefit is that you could confirm if the site is ever delivering an error to your server as well by looking at your logs.

I've seen a 503 before (service unavailable) which can commonly happen if the site is overloaded temporarily. If the site is also using a provider like Cloudflare, sometimes those sites can deliver a Captcha page if it sees bot-like activity.

Thank you for the reply @gwesson,

It is actually a local server, the user has also replaced it but the error is still there could it be something in the configuration of the server, or could it be a bug, I still need to confirm if it is happening on one PANOS or multiple.

Thanks a lot

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!