EDL list used in policy has no valid entries

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

EDL list used in policy has no valid entries

L4 Transporter

Hi Community.

I have configured PA to fetch EDL of type IP addresses from EDL link "https://panwdbl.appspot.com/lists/ettor.txt" for blocking tor. 

I am able to see that the list is getting populated. But occasionally I am getting below warning while committing other configurations,

EDL <name> used in policy has no valid entries

I am running PanOS 9.0.3-h3

I am using the same EDL in another firewall (PanOS 8.1.9 )  as well with policy to deny traffic to these IPs. I am able to see traffic hitting this policy have action allow, when I checked the destination IP, it is not there in the list ( Not sure as this is a dynamic list and the IP might have before, but the action should not be allowed). the policy have log at end configured.

Can somebody explain the above behaviour. 

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

From firewall run this command to check if it displays IP.

request system external-list show name

SD-WAN | Cloud Networking | PCNSE | ICSI CNSS | MCNA | | CCNP | CCSA | SPSP | SPSX | F5-101 |

@Abdul_Razaq 

I have seen/experienced this issue.   It seem to show up in 9.0.0 base image, so I opened an escalation around this.

My recommendation is that you set your update to be every 5 min vs hourly or daily.

For some reason, I did that, and no longer getting the message you receive.

Hope this helps. 

Tag this post as the solution if it works.

Thx

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

L4 Transporter

Hi @SCantwell_IM , @hman ,

Thanks for the information. I have requested TAC support for the same. Waiting for their verdict.

L1 Bithead

I'm having the same issue.  The EDL was working fine for months but recently and now almost daily, it loses entries.  Yet if I select it and say Import Now, it imports all the appropriate IPs.  We're running 9.0.3-h3, 9.04 and 9.05 and it occurs on all three.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!