Email notification for many people

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Email notification for many people

L3 Networker

Hi,

one simple question: can i send email notifications for more then two people? Because settings are "to" and "Additional Recipient". If answer is yes, how i can do so? Maybe i must add one more email server? Thank you.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hello,

If you using an email scheduler to send report groups you can actually send it to multiple people at the same time.

In the screenshot below I was able to successfully send an email to all the 4 email address simultaneously.

email_sch.PNG.png

If you are using your email profile just for sending logs alerts, you can definitely add more servers to the profile like below:

email_profile.PNG.png

Hope that helps!

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

L5 Sessionator

Hello,

If you using an email scheduler to send report groups you can actually send it to multiple people at the same time.

In the screenshot below I was able to successfully send an email to all the 4 email address simultaneously.

email_sch.PNG.png

If you are using your email profile just for sending logs alerts, you can definitely add more servers to the profile like below:

email_profile.PNG.png

Hope that helps!

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

Kadak, thank you for answer, but something is wrong. Old email server profiles with two recipients works fine, but if I create new profile, which is the same (same settings and other recipients), he don't work and I get message "Failed to send email to...". Send email notifications for more than two people don't work at all. I update OS to 5.0.8, but no progress.

Hello,

Trying to comprehend your above statement and correct me if I wrong over here:

With the same email server profile; if you keep the "Override Email Addresses" field empty - send test email option works and if you include emails addresses in the "Override Email Addresses", send test email option doesn't work?

Regards,

Kunal Adak

Not exactly. If I use "Email scheduler"  "Override Email Addresses" function, all works fine - I can send e-mail to many recipients. If I don't use "Override Email Addresses" field or use "Email Server Profile" in Security Policy (Log Forwarding), email notifications for more than two people don't work at all.

This configuration don't work:

srv_profile.png

And this works fine:

srv_prof2.png

I hope now you understand what I mean.

L5 Sessionator

Hello All,

One thing I noticed is when you add one more server to e-mail server profile and use it under 'Device->Log Settings' you get e-mail alerts for all the E-mail addresses you specify in server profile.

It's not same behavior for reports.

It looks like bug.

Regards,

Hari Yadavalli

L5 Sessionator

Hello All,

I did some more testing and apparently test e-mail sends only to one server whereas scheduled sent to all E-mail addresses you defined in e-mail server profile.

Regards,

Hari Yadavalli

Hello hyadavalli,

thank you for your investigation. I will try.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!