Empty "File URL" in "Data filtering"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Empty "File URL" in "Data filtering"

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I applied the default "basic file blocking" profile to the policy that allows users to access the Internet.

In the "Data Filtering" monitor I can see few files being blocked (EXE files for example), but I can't see the full URL of that file (the "File URL" column is all blank).

The goal is to understand if the root URL can be white-listed.

Could you please help ?

Thank you

Alessio

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

In the Unified logs view you can add the URL column by howvering your mouse over any of hte fileds and waiting for the down arrow, then just follow the path. Another thing to look at would be the maginfying glass icon on the far left of the logs, those will show the different parts of hte session.

Hope that helps.

Hi Otakar,

unfortunately, none of the proposed solutions worked: I am still seeing empty columns.

Thank you !

AM

Hello,

Sorry about that, after you replied I check my logs and saw the same thing. Since you are looking for safe domains, I would make sure you have the following enabled:

URL Filtering

Wildfire

AV/Threat

If all those are configured properly then probably the domain is most likely safe.

Hope that helps.

old post, but it appeared first in my google search for this issue

If you disable the "Log container page only" setting under the profile(s) you use under Objects - Security Profiles - URL Filtering you should see the File URLs in the Data filtering logs. This will also cause a substantial increase in URL filtering logs... 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!