Enabling PFS for GP VPN Portal

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Enabling PFS for GP VPN Portal

L4 Transporter

Has anyone configured PFS on their Global Protect Portal? 

Any snags? Is this even possible for the inbound connections to the portal?

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@hshawn,

PFS is enabled by default for Forward Proxy in anything above/at 7.1, and with Inbound Inspection this was activated by default in 8.0 and above. 

We are not doing inbound inspection I guess I was wondering if it could be done just for the GP VPN portal or if it had to be on everything. which then makes me wonder what type of issues we may run into with inbound inspection 

@hshawn,

Ahh okay got it. Inbound inspection can be configured fairly specifically to only include one resource such as GP, but you would really want to test it to verify that you have everything working correctly before enabling it for all external traffic. The good news is you can test by including a simple external IP as the source, so testing is certaintly do-able. 

Additional SSL Inbound Inspection documentation can be found HERE

So I gave this a shot, pretty straight forward but it does not look like it will work for something that terminates at the firewall itself (such as the GP VPN portal) the inbound decrypt rule never gets hit and the ssllabs scan still shows no PFS. 

@hshawn,

How exactly are you terminating the GP Portal interface on the firewall? Do you have it configured on a Loopback interface or an actual layer3 interface on the firewall? 

@BPry: I am working on this with @hshawn We are using a loopback address on the Firewall.

Hi,

Did you solve this?

We launched ssllabs to a GP portal website and it shows this: 

This server does not support Forward Secrecy with the reference browsers

Is there any way to support PFS for GP portal web?

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!