Error exporting certificate: Failed to prepare certificate 'NAME_OF_CERTIFICATE' for export

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Error exporting certificate: Failed to prepare certificate 'NAME_OF_CERTIFICATE' for export

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I generated the certificates on the firewall for Global protect portal and trying to export the file no matter what format, I am getting the error message saying  failedto prepare certificate. I am using windown 10 but another user accessing the same firewall can export with no issue, Just wondering if anyone else faced this issue ?

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@ganees,

1) Are you a superuser on the firewall or could you potentially not have the rights to actually fully perform this action? 

2) Have you cleared your cache, tried a different computer, or tried a different browser. 

Thanks for helping.

1) I am the superuser

2)I cleard the cache and tried another browser with no luck. It works from a different computer.

@ganees,

If your aim is to get this working from this machine, which if it works from a different computer you may not care, you'll likely want to run debug and see what exactly it's hosing up on. You can find info on how to run the debug HERE

L4 Transporter

If you are trying to export the cert from the firewall and having trouble you can save your running config and extract the cert from the XML. Of course that does not solve the issue of you being unable to export it using the built in export functions but for that you should create a support case.

p.s. certificate related: the renew button on the device will not retain your SANs. PA has confirmed this but said fixing it will take some time.

Thanks very much.That helped.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!