Error : "Commit failed. see management server log file (msg.log) for details"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Error : "Commit failed. see management server log file (msg.log) for details"

L3 Networker

Hello,

I try to "commit" Palo Alto firewall and the occurs the following error:

"Commit failed . see management server log file (msg.log) for details"

Can you help me ?

thanks in advanced

6 REPLIES 6

L6 Presenter

Can you type the output

tail mp-log ms.log

I try this command , but show the line bellow (repeated 7 times )

" /opt/pancfg/mgmt/transforms/sp-transform-4.0.0-to-4.1.0.xsl provided by cms "

Try to restart the management server

debug software restart management-server

L7 Applicator

The exact same problem I had yesterday. I tried analyzing ms.log, management-server trace output. At last restarted the management-server process >debug software restart management-server, after that commit successfully.

Thanks

L5 Sessionator

I would suggest that if you have not already restarted the management server do the following

tail follow yes mp-log ms.log

After you do this do commit and save the output.

Share the output here so we can see if there is anything is particular that is causing the commit to fail.

Hope this helps.Thanks

Numan

I did > tail follow yes mp-log ms.log from  one CLI window and tried to commit from another CLI window. There were no logs, generating on the ms.log file, Hence it would be advisable to restart the management server to resolve this issue.

Thanks

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!