Error when export configuration from WebUI on Palo alto firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Error when export configuration from WebUI on Palo alto firewall

L1 Bithead

Hi everyone,

When I export configuration from WebUI ( in section Export named configuration snapshot) , Palo Alto has redirect another web with error imformation :  Error 500: Internal Server Error.

Plesse help me to fix this error.Palo alto.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@hoandh,

With both of your posts I have the same three questions. 

1) What software version are you running?

2) Have you tried restarting the management plane since noticing both issues.

3) Have you been able to do this in the past and it just stopped working now, or is this the first time you are performing this. 

Hi @BPry

Thanks for your answer.

I answer your question as below :

1) What software version are you running?

I am using software Version 8.1.0

2) Have you tried restarting the management plane since noticing both issues.

I haven't tried restarting the management plane since noticing both issues because I am affraid it can affect to system.

3) Have you been able to do this in the past and it just stopped working now, or is this the first time you are performing this. 

I did it many time and this is the first time I have this error.

@hoandh,

You should update to the 8.1.1 if you are content with running on 8.1.0, but I don't think that was really your issue. I would simply update to 8.1.1 since you should do that anyways, and then that process will restart the entire box so you won't have to worry about restarting the management place. 

FYI:

Restarting the management plane will simply stop management activities. Traffic will continue to process and forward as it should as it's handled by the data plane. 

L0 Member

You get that error if you try to export settings and you type some custom name for it.

You must save running configuration first and after that you can export it by selecting previous save from drop down menu.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!