Exploit:Win32/Pdfjsc.ABS will not recognized

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Exploit:Win32/Pdfjsc.ABS will not recognized

L3 Networker

The new PDF Exploit "Pdfjsc.ABS", which travels with a lot of Emails (for instance: "Here is the new Elster program" - Elster is the name of a german tax program), will not recognized by PAN-Firewall. Neither on Email nor on Webtraffic, so i can attache the virus on this thread.

mfg

Manfred

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Hi Manfred,

Thanks for letting us know about the Exploit not getting detected.

I would like you to do is open up a support ticket with Palo Alto Networks via Web.

Submit all the relevant details regarding the virus, along with the packet captures from the test host when you go ahead and download the link.

We do have a lot of Adobe vulnerabilities covered and it might be possible we would have missed one.

Here is the link that contains the list that you woudl be required to submit while opening the support ticket.(According to relevance)

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2769  (The link is to submit false positives but these information also helps our content team modify or add signatures to the existing Database.)

Essential details:

>show system info

>trafic logs

>packet capture from the host when you download PDF

Regards,

Parth

Hi Parth,

i am sorry. I do not have sufficient rights to generate a ticket on your website. Please do it yourself.

Let me know, if you like to have some additional informations.

regards

Manfred

again i like to explain, that this PDF Exploit is not the onliest one, which is not detected by IDS in the last weeks.

mfg

Manfred

Hi Manfred,

If you donot have sufficient rights to open up a ticket on the web, do you happen to know your reseller from whom you purchased the device or Sales Engineer?

If so you can contact them and they can open up a ticket on your behalf and submit all the required details.

If you donot happen to know your Regional sales Engineer, please get in touch with our sales Team at the follwoing E-mail.

Sales Inquiries
US and North America:

contact_sales@paloaltonetworks.com

Regards,

Parth

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!