Fail installing Apps and threats content

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Fail installing Apps and threats content

L4 Transporter

Hi,

I cant install the new content in my firewall PA. I have tried by WebUI and CLI and its not being installed. If i use WebUI the installation finished OK  but its not installed. Using CLI i can see FAIL.

request content upgrade install file panupv2-all-contents-458-2380.tgz

2014/09/29 15:56:47        4595          Install       FIN   FAIL 15:57:04

2014/09/29 15:52:52        4594          Install       FIN   FAIL 15:53:16                                          ------>Using CLI, FAIL

2014/09/29 15:33:25        4593      FqdnRefresh       FIN     OK 15:44:44

2014/09/29 15:16:55        4592          Install       FIN     OK 15:44:16                                              ------>Using webUI is OK but the upgrade is not done its like a bug

2014/09/29 15:03:10        4591      FqdnRefresh       FIN     OK 15:07:33

2014/09/29 14:45:24        4590          Install       FIN     OK 15:07:20

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

sometimes  it cannot be seen after installing the content.Please log out and log in again.Then check if the signature comes or not

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

L6 Presenter

could you please write the output of the fail job

show jobs id 4594

telindus@fw1orgt(active)> show jobs id 4595

Enqueued                     ID             Type    Status Result Completed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/09/29 15:56:47        4595          Install       FIN   FAIL 15:57:04

Warnings:

Details:content update failed with the following messages:

Image File Authentication Error

Failed to extract rpm file  /opt/pancfg/mgmt/content-images/tmp/panupv2-all-cont

ents-458-2380.tgz

L4 Transporter

telindus@fw1orgt(active)> tail mp-log paninstaller_content.log

Mon Sep 29 16:23:31 CEST 2014

******** old dir copy end time ***********************

******** copy end time ***********************

Mon Sep 29 16:27:07 CEST 2014

removing panupv2-all-contents-456-2370

******** extract start time *********************** /opt/pancfg/mgmt/content-images/panupv2-all-contents-458-2380.tgz

Mon Sep 29 17:07:19 CEST 2014

Hi COS,

Re-install PAN-OS and reboot the device. That should resolve issue.

For more information refer following document.

Dynamic Update Fails with "Image File Authentication Error" Message

Regards,

Hardik Shah

Sometimes it's just because Threat licence is not installed on the device (Refresh licences on the device and see)

well if your licenses are correctly retreived then check https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-3129

L5 Sessionator

Try deleting not only the existing version of content but also the previous version of content. Once you have confirmed it is all deleted the "Check Now" to update. Then only download and install the latest version.

If that doesn't work follow the steps previously except use this command at the CLI prior to re downloading everything

> delete license key ?

Find the key and delete the key

Then retrieve licenses and after that download and install the newest content. Hope that helps.

L4 Transporter

I deleted all the content apps and threats, i checked, and i installed the last content and it worked but the problem now is that i cant find the threat in my vulnerability profile. i try to look for 36729 or bash and i cant find anything....im following these steps

1. Click the checkbox next to signature #36729 to enable an exception:
    s8.jpg
  2. Click on the item listed under the "Action column to modify the action of this signature, and configure with the desired blocking action.

Hi COS,

Did you try following doc.

Dynamic Update Fails with "Image File Authentication Error" Message

Regards,

Hardik Shah

i  got installed the last content version deleting all the content and refreshing and installing the last one. Now the problem is different.

I prefer try other things before talking to my customer in order to reinstall the software and restart the device.

Hi,

sometimes  it cannot be seen after installing the content.Please log out and log in again.Then check if the signature comes or not

L4 Transporter

I did it and i cant still find it. In other PA with another firmware i can find the threat 36729 but i cant chane the action from alert to drop. the change is not saved

if you change the action with selecting Enable box, it should apply.

Yes, Panos you were right. Its weird not enought selecting Drop and OK. thanks

• 1 accepted solution
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!