Feature Request List

L7 Applicator

Re: Feature Request List

Added FR ID 889 - Mac Address as match criteria in security policy

L7 Applicator

Added FR ID 11135 - Completely reomve Global Protect 4.0 Design out of Global Protect 5+

Tags (1)
L7 Applicator

Added FR ID 11211 - Forced Global Protect network rediscover after IP change

(This one is fo situations where the network is changed from external to an internal, Global Protect should do a network rediscover instead of just reconnecting to the GP Gateway)

L6 Presenter

@vsys_remo wrote:

Added FR ID 11211 - Forced Global Protect network rediscover after IP change

(This one is fo situations where the network is changed from external to an internal, Global Protect should do a network rediscover instead of just reconnecting to the GP Gateway)

I thought this was already there.  I worked with eTAC and some GP issues we were having.  One thing I wanted was for every network event, from just a disconnect / reconnect, to changing IPs I wanted the connection to always "reverify" the state the client should be in.  I was told this field in the config "Automatic restoration of VPN connection Timeout" needed to be set to 0.  This would make the client always do a network discovery.

GP_Config.PNGGP_manual.PNG

L7 Applicator

@Brandon_Wertz 

Yes, you are right. When setting this value to 0 then this is correct, but this results (in the situation of our customer) that also in short connections losses the user has to log in again using MFA. Because of that I created this feature Request so that after short connection losses (for example when a user works in a train) the connection restoration is possible but still GP does not reconnect when changing from external to inernal.

L7 Applicator

Added FR ID 4443 - Support for USB modems (3G/4G/5G ...)

L3 Networker

I'd like to add a feature request:

run a "user activity report"

in the "Download URL logs" link which open up a CSV file, please in this file include either the original Username or IP address whihch was entered into the box on the original "User Activity Report" diaglog.

We are concerened that Lawyers might not hold the file up in court since it doesn't have a username / IP tied to it.  Only the "Download User Activity Report" has that.

Thanks,

dannon

L7 Applicator

@dannon,

To actually request a feature request you need to reach out to your SE. This simply tracks the existing feature requests that already have a FR associated with them. Once your SE has the FR number please update us here. 

"We are concerened that Lawyers might not hold the file up in court since it doesn't have a username / IP tied to it.  Only the "Download User Activity Report" has that."

Just FYI, Lawyers could still throw out this report unless you have other logs to back up what's reported to the firewall. You would need proof that the firewalls indicated user is actually correct via other logs, such as DHCP logs and Event Security logs if in a Windows environment. 

L2 Linker

I've arranged an FR for an issue I raised in a post here a few weeks back to allow for Static route path monitoring to be done using the FIB as opposed to being locked to the gateway of the route itself.

This is my OP which outlines the issue which this resolves.
https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/General-Topics/Route-Monitoring-Possible-FR/m-p/257932#M73180

L7 Applicator

@El-ahrairah wrote:

I've arranged an FR for an issue I raised in a post here a few weeks back to allow for Static route path monitoring to be done using the FIB as opposed to being locked to the gateway of the route itself.

This is my OP which outlines the issue which this resolves.
https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/General-Topics/Route-Monitoring-Possible-FR/m-p/257932#M73180

FR ID 11524 is added to the list. Thanks @El-ahrairah for sharing.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!