Feature Request: Preference Option to Restrict Zones/Objects to Only Existing When Building Policies

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Feature Request: Preference Option to Restrict Zones/Objects to Only Existing When Building Policies

L0 Member

The current PAN-OS GUI makes adding objects and zones on the fly very easy while building policies.

Unfortunately this sometimes casues unwanted side effects:

As an example, when building a security policy including the zone "Admin" I started typing "admin" in the zone add field as a search and pressed enter. Instead of choosing the already-built "Admin" zone, this caused a new zone "admin" to be created with no associated type, interfaces, etc., which obviously caused commit errors.

The on-the-fly addition is handy in some cases, but I would like to be able to toggle this function on and off. Once the majority of the objects and zones are built I would prefer the GUI to only pick existing objects from the drop-down unless I explicitly click the "+" add button.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

An FYI...while it's great you posted this FRs don't get tracked via the community or accepted from posting in the community.

That said there's a thread on submitted FRs.  If you search for "feature request" I'm sure you'll find it.  To officially have your FR accepted you need to talk to your SE.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

An FYI...while it's great you posted this FRs don't get tracked via the community or accepted from posting in the community.

That said there's a thread on submitted FRs.  If you search for "feature request" I'm sure you'll find it.  To officially have your FR accepted you need to talk to your SE.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!