File blocking .doc isnt working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

File blocking .doc isnt working

L4 Transporter

Hi,

We have configured a policy for File blocking in order to ask confirmation before download .doc files.

doc file: www.apd.cat/ca/media/2165.doc

This is the policy

When i try to download this .doc file, the browser stuck loading but it shows nothing, the reponse page is not showed and no download is done.

I attach the FileBlocking logs where you can see that PaloAlto is detecting the file correctly and doing the correct action, but not confirmation file page is being showed

logs.jpg

On the another hand, this happens when i try to dowload a .zip file or xls file. It should be ask for confirmation but it shows the blocked page with no confirmation option

error download zip.jpg

error download xl.jpg

Why FIle blocking is having this strange behaviour????

11 REPLIES 11

L4 Transporter

so in general the continue page isn't working? or is there any example where it works?

I would try to restore the response page (Under Device > Response Pages) to default. (old thread Continue Page not Displaying the Continue Button)

Response page is working in any case but not with this link www.apd.cat/ca/media/2165.doc

try to add "msoffice" in your file-types.

This is the rule that we have configured. 

Policy FB.jpg

If i tried to download a .doc file in this web, the repsonse page is working

Va.jpg

but in the links in this web www.apd.cat/ca/media/2165.doc , the browser stucks and nothing is happenning, i have tried to quit the FB policy and file can be downloaded.

sorry this is the rule no the last one......esta.jpg

just for testing:

application - any // file-types - any // action - continue

and try to download the file again.

Yes i did it and its not working Smiley Sad

have you already read this article:

Block-Continue Page Fails to Download .exe File from Citrix URL using IE

How to View or Reset the URL Block and Continue Cache

Also try to use another browser. Otherwise you have to created a support ticket...

I tested with all the browsers, IE, Firefox, Chrome - same result.

Even with Low security settings on IE, result is the same.

Also, with "debug dataplane reset ctd url-block-cache", issue persists.

Regards,

Rahul Singh

Are you having the same issue?

I did a test based on the issue you are facing, getting same results.

• 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!