File export issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

File export issue

L4 Transporter

Hello,

Whenever I export security rules or NAT rules from the firewall in PDF/CSV format, the file is not properly displayed my software version is 9.0.4

example:-

clipboard_image_1.png

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@davidmarx @Fr4nk4  I had this issue with 9.0.4 version, I raised a case with Paloalto they suggest me to upgrade the version. then i have upgraded 9.0.5 version and my issue has been resolved.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Where/How do you get the functionality to attempt to download the config via pdf/csv?

I have seen this ability with log files and reports, but not with the config itself.

My recommendation is that you use CLI to export a copy of the configuration.

SSH into FW

type "configure"

type "run set cli configuration-output-mode set"

type "show"

This will output your config in SSH.

You just need to enabling logging of your SS session.

Hope this helps.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

@SCantwell_IMI am trying to export my security or NAT rules only and this issue is happening.

Go to Policies>>NAT>> at the bottom row there is one option PDF/CSV click there and export your all rules.

Thanks for the info.

i just went onto my FW and I am able to download the pdf version.

It looked ok with me.

Same with the csv

clipboard_image_0.png

I believe the issue lies with the application (for whatever reason) not understanding the embedded code.

I used Libre Office and Excel to open my csv file.

Does this help you at all?

@SCantwell_IM  I believe its not an application issue because I already tried with another system the same issue happening.

@Jafar_Hussain 

Can you take a look at this file that I exported and see if the same failure occurs when opening the file?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3nmz4h7vgdurd7/export_policies_security_rulebase_11132019_105101gmt%2B5_3...

this is my copy of the .csv that works for me.   does it work for you?

Please let me know. 

@SCantwell_IM   Yes its work for me actually this issue happens after the upgrade my firewall before my firewall version is 8.1.7 now it is 9.0.4 so it is happening because of upgrade?

This file came from a 9.0.1 firewall.

Let me upgrade the firewall to 9.0.4 and see if the same issue occurs.

Give me 20 minutes... 😛

@SCantwell_IM  Ok take your time and let me know your firewall model number.

@Jafar_Hussain 

I re-created your issue.  It is definitely a 9.0.4 issue.

I would recommend that you create a support ticket and advise them of this bug.

Thanks.

@SCantwell_IM  ok thanks for your support.

All,

I have had this issue in 8.1 as far back as 8.1.9 I want to say. I'm on 8.1.11 and it is still there. I just opened a case with TAC. Hopefully they will fix it here soon.

@Fr4nk4   Did you find a resolution to this issue?  I'm having it as well on 8.1.11

@davidmarx @Fr4nk4  I had this issue with 9.0.4 version, I raised a case with Paloalto they suggest me to upgrade the version. then i have upgraded 9.0.5 version and my issue has been resolved.

I talked to Palo Alto TAC, and this looks like it is fixed in 8.1.12 and 9.0.5. This is in the 8.1 Addressed Issues page, and the bug ID is PAN-126534.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!