Filter Security Policy by Profile column?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Filter Security Policy by Profile column?

L2 Linker

How do I filter the Security Policy to show only those rules that have a specified profile, or no profile, assigned? We have a large, ~560 rule rulebase. I need to be able to easily find rules that have a specific profiles assigned. Scrolling through the entire rulebase rule-by-rule is more than time consuming - it easily leads to missing what you are looking for.

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

I think you can do this in the CLI, but no idea on exact syntax or if this is possible to do from the GUI.

A dirty workaround would be if you export running-config.xml to your local computer and search from a texteditor, but thats just wrong and dirty :smileysilly:

L0 Member

Hi all,

use the following filters to find out which rules use a specific security profile.

If you use profiles as profile type:

Antivirus

( profile-setting/profiles/virus/member eq 'NAME' )

Vulnerability Protection
( profile-setting/profiles/vulnerability/member eq 'NAME' )

Anti-Spyware

( profile-setting/profiles/spyware/member eq 'NAME' )

URL Filtering

( profile-setting/profiles/url-filtering/member eq 'NAME' )

File Blocking

( profile-setting/profiles/file-blocking/member eq 'NAME' )

Data Filtering

( profile-setting/profiles/data-filtering/member eq 'NAME' )

Profile Typ = Group

( profile-setting/group/member eq 'NAME' )

reminder: use neq (not equal) to show all rules they dont use the group/profile.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!